The Big Family Cooking Showdown (2017)
Last update on Jan 10, 18
- The Big Family Cooking Showdown
- Air date:
- Plot summary:
In this unscripted series, families passionate about food serve up their most delicious dishes for the chance to be crowned Britain's best home cooks.
Season 1 14-08-2017
- 1. Episode 1 Aug 15, 17 The Charles and Marks families face off in three rounds of cooking, preparing Swedish meatballs, spatchcocked chicken, fish soup and more.
- 2. Episode 2 Aug 22, 17 The Karim and Dawes families wow the judges with a spinach and lamb curry, braised pork belly and other mouthwatering foods.
- 3. Episode 3 Aug 31, 17 The Hilliards and Pigotts serve up a mix of successes and failures, from a delectable dry-spiced venison loin to an overseasoned vegetable chili.
- 4. Episode 4 Sep 07, 17 It's an ambitious battle of Indian and Italian flavors -- with a few surprises thrown in -- when the Gangotras take on the Massaccesis.
- 5. Episode 5 Sep 14, 17 Deceptively simple Syrian dips and stews from the Ayoubi family stand in stark contrast to the Herberts' fondness for more experimental fare.
- 6. Episode 6 Sep 21, 17 The judges weigh the merits of the Kings' favorite family meals against the Codougans' Caribbean-inspired delicacies -- including curried goat.
- 7. Episode 7 Sep 28, 17 The Bellamores' hearty helpings go up against the Bellamys' Persian heritage, with dueling dishes like salt-baked sea bass and crusted crown of lamb.
- 8. Episode 8 Oct 05, 17 The Boyes and Rignall families put their best dishes forward, from banana and passion fruit soufflés to a cardamom and rose syrup cheesecake.
- 9. Episode 9 Oct 12, 17 Three families return to the Kent countryside to test their skills in the semifinals -- but only one will cook well enough to move on to the final.
- 10. Episode 10 Oct 19, 17 Three more families go head-to-head in a second round of semifinals, stretching their skills in improvisation and sticking to a recipe.
- 11. Episode 11 Oct 26, 17 The last round of semifinals brings the remaining three families to the barn, where they're pressured to cook up winning dishes on the spot.
- 12. Episode 12 Nov 02, 17 With everything on the line, the Top 3 families face the final challenge: preparing a multicourse feast for eight in under five hours.